For the June installment of the LSFRC reading group moderated by our co-director Cristina Diamant, we will be looking at the following short texts:
– Decomp: Field Notes (preface)
– Charlie Jane Anders, “The Fermi Paradox is Our Business Model” (2010) from Six Months, Three Days, Five Others
– From Amber Sparks, The Unfinished World: “Thirteen Ways of Destroying a Painting”, “Birds with Teeth”, “The Men and Women Like Him”
– From The Unfinished World: “Things You Should Know About Cassandra Dee”, “The Fever Librarian”
– Crips Claim Space: Disabled Writers Resist Eugenicist Ideology Through Science Fiction
– Crip Times: Episode 8
– Cripping Time – Understanding the Life Course through the Lens of Ableism
Links to texts:
– The Amber Sparks anthology can be located online with some searching. Message Cristina Diamant or another director for help.
– https://open.spotify.com/episode/2b5c7xhZ4XTxWMdwHW1dWw… (or https://bodiesintranslation.ca/crip-times-episode-8-the…/ for a transcript)
We will meet over Zoom at 19:00 (London time).
Reach out to us for a link!