Dinesh Valke, Tunnel Sheet Spider’s Web (2012)
Join our co-directors Cristina Diamant and Francis Gene-Rowe for the August 2023 reading group, taking place Monday 28 August, at 19:00 (London time) over Zoom.
Contact us for a Zoom link, as well as if you need any assistance. Please note that Corroding the Now is available from Veer Books (for purchases within the UK) and The Crater Press (for international purchases); however, if you are unable to secure a copy in time or cannot afford one, please get contact us by email or social media or reach out to co-director Francis Gene-Rowe.
We will be discussing the following:
- From Corroding the Now:: Poetry + Science|SF (2023):
Francis Gene-Rowe, “Introduction: Corroding the Now”
Amy Cutler, “We Spiders” & “Notes on Spider Metaphors”
- Samantha Mills, “Rabbit Test” (2022)
- Eugenia Triantafyllou, “My Country is a Ghost” (2020)
- Pat Cadigan, “The Final Remake of The Return of Little Latin Larry With a Completely Remastered Soundtrack and the Original Audience” (1997). Can be found in Rewired: The Post-Cyberpunk Anthology (2007).
- From Corroding the Now: Poetry + Science|SF (2023):
Naomi Foyle, “Burying the Wet Computer: Notes toward an Ecotopian SF Poetics”
Verity Spott, excerpt from “Hopelessness”
(other relevant contributors: Allen Fisher, Luke Jordan, Matthew Carbery)
- Adam-Troy Castro, “Arvies” (2010) & “Greetings, Humanity! Welcome to Your Choice of Species!” (2014)
- Samantha Mills, “Strange Waters” (2018) & “Laugh Lines” (2019)